Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't Look Up

LOL! I was just about to start on this post when I heard a motorcycle outside my gate. It was the McDonald's delivery guy sending the 'good stuff' my sister had called for earlier. She was praying at the time, so I had to run out and get it. The weird thing was when I got to the gate the guy seemed like some normal dude on a bike. I was expecting to see that warm box they would usually have at the back of their bike where they keep the food so it wouldn't get cold. There was absolutely no sign of it on this guy's. So me being my paranoid self just stood in front of the gate staring back and forth at him and his motorcycle trying to figure out where's the heck the food was. Haha he just stared back. Awkward, yes.

I assumed he might have came for some other reason or whatever. So I was like, "Yes?" and then he answered, "Twenty two ringgit and sixty cents" and pulled out the food from the basket attached to the motorcycle positioned in front of him which I honestly DID NOT SEE at all. "Ohh!". Hahaha. I felt so absurd!! Paid him got the food and ran back in the house laughing like some crazy woman. The end. Just wanted to document that absurd of a moment. It was just so weird that he didn't have that box thing on his bike. He could've been some burglar or something, I didn't want to just take for granted that he really was the delivery guy. Haha. Sigh.

ANYWAY, recently on Wednesday I brought Tiqah along with me to the premiere screening of the movie Skyline. They had a dress code which was sky blue clothes and or face painted red which of course we just weren't in the mood to follow. We just dug out whatever blue-ish shirts we had and went with it. The face painting was optional so as long as we dressed sky blue or at least put a little effort into the clothing, we would get Skyline note pads. So we did and the note pads look pretty rad :)

The movie on the other hand I thought was plain okay. They had this pretty I guess creative? concept of telling the story backwards. It was based on events that happened within a 4 day period and they started off with Day-4 till Day-1 to where how everything began. And when they were finally done with Day-1 they summed up the ending with what was happening in the present. The effort of un-cliche-ing the plot was there but unfortunately it just got me sleepy. They had already shown what happened in Day-4, who was already dead or who was going to survive. Obviously we would be able to figure that out when they start Day-3 right? So yeah, it was filled with predictable moments throughout the whole thing.

The aliens have got some sort of control over whoever stares into it's blue light. Your face starts getting all red and veiny and your body just loses it and gets pulled towards them and into their ship.

I liked the effects and how the aliens looked pretty cool invading the Earth and chasing after the every single living thing in sight and all. But I guess the way the story was told just wasn't as intriguing. And geez, the ending. The ending was pretty dumb. Haha. You'd be like, "Wth? That's it?!". Go see it if you want to and you'll see what I mean. The effects are worth the watch but with good effects come great responsibility. LOL. The responsibility of NOT letting the pattern of the storyline bore you ;)

I'm pretty delighted that somehow this month I've been pretty lucky to be able to get quite a number of free screenings. Before Skyline I also got tickets to see Altitude and You Again and had the pleasure of bringing all three of my sisters one to each :) Fun stuff.

Till then

No comments: