Thursday, October 7, 2010

YouTube Celebrity?

I find it absurd that I spent almost the whole day working on giving my pensamientos a new look. Especially when THIS is the outcome. LOL. I kinda like it though. I wanted a simpler and slightly different look as opposed to my previous dungeon-like one. Made it easier for whoever to follow me on Twitter, subscribe or check out my videos on YouTube and even catch me on my live shows on BlogTV. YAY!

Anyway, yesterday before I headed out to dinner with my mom and Farah I received a pos laju package. It was a book written and sent by my YouTube friend Alif Firdaus. He had promised to send me a copy once the book is published. The book's called 'Menjadi Selebriti Melalui YouTube' which translates to 'Becoming a Celebrity Through YouTube' and yeah its written in Bahasa Malaysia. The reason I got a copy is because he did a two page interview with me in it under the sub chapter 'YouTubers Muslimah' which means female Muslim YouTubers.

I think I tweeted about it months ago mentioning an interview for a book about becoming a YouTube celebrity. Kinda flattered that he would even consider me to be a part of it. I barely get that many response and subscribers. Haha, but it was fun and I'm happy I did it. My interview was featured alongside two other female Muslim YouTubers. My friend Ayie (aie89) whom I've mentioned a few times in my previous posts and cynicalmd whose vlogs are pretty popular among Muslim viewers both local and international. Thanks to Tasya for helping me out with the interview questions. I freaked out when I had to answer it in formal Malay, so I answered in English and Tasya literally translated it for me. LMAO!

The book is basically a guide for people who are interested in uploading videos on YouTube and gaining friends and supporters out of it. It's got everything you need to know about dealing with YouTube ranging from video ideas to song copyright and even how to get more views and subscribers. Aside from that, several well-known local and international YouTubers are introduced, one of them being Zee Avi who made it big through uploading on YouTube too. Really, it's a good buy :)

One thing I noticed and has kinda been bugging me though, is that of all pictures he could've put of me he put a print screen of my face from one of my videos which was a little dark and I wasn't even smiling. Like seriously? LOL I know sound like a total brat but who wouldn't want to look nice in their first appearance in a book, right? The other girls had nice posing photos. Hahahh I wasn't told to submit an individual photo or I must've missed the message? Okay I don't wanna be too fussy about things, but I think there's some kinda editing error too. And I noticed it coz the error was on MY INTERVIEW PAGE. It seems that they missed out one of the questions I answered and an answer to another got mistakenly covered up half way. So it looks like a cliff hanger there. The only reason I noticed this is coz I referred to the other two interviews.

LOL. Ahh well, I guess there's nothing I can do about it coz I bet they've already printed like hundreds of copies of the book. And I'm pretty sure it was an honest mistake. It's okay :) You should still get the book though, it's really interesting. I didn't tell my mom about it until it arrived to the house yesterday. She was so excited she wanted to read it before we went out. 15 minutes later, she was done. "How is it?" I asked, "It's really good (smiles) I only read your part". Haha such a fatty.





Speaking of my mom, she has somewhat developed interest in this type of netted wool-like scarf which I got from the launching of this new shop in Bangsar called Yan Din Fashion & Lifestyle. The scarf is really pretty but I'm into wearing that style of hijjab so I gave mine to her and later she wanted more of em. After enquiring, they gave us a good deal on it so we went there before dinner yesterday and got a whole bunch of them. At least now I know zee mumzy is happy :D


Till then

2 comments:

Secret Drifter said...

wow congtrats !!!!

cant wait to own that awesomer book !!

Hilman Nordin said...

tahniah~!

i recently tried the youtube thingy. but im not as good as you!