Thursday, October 7, 2010

You Again?


If you've been to the cinemas in the recent 1-2 months, you might have come across the trailer for this new movie called You Again featuring Kristen Bell (When In Rome), Sigourney Weaver (Alien), Jamie Lee Curtis (Freaky Friday), Odette Yustman (The Unborn) and the legendary Betty White (The Proposal). All well known terrific women for the roles.

For some people no matter how well they've done in their lives, their career or anything at all, high school memories are always just one step behind. Haunting them to the routes especially when their time in high school wasn't as pleasant as people expect it to be now. Kristen Bell's character who's a successful PR pro finds out that her brother's marrying the girl who was her worst nightmare in high school played by Odette Yustman whom I find really beautiful (ever since I first saw her in the series October Road). Moreover, they find out that Kristen's mom played by Jamie Lee Curtis and Odette's aunt played by Sigourney Weaver used to be arch enemies in high school too, where Sigourney used to pick on Jamie A LOT.

poster
The whole movie's a crazy comedy portraying the scene of the 'reunion' of these bunch of people. LOL I can't imagine how that would be for me. ESPECIALLY when that person is marrying into the family. Seriously, life would suck big time! Reminiscing my time during high school, I can't really recall one specific person who would constantly make my life a living hell at the time. Though there were some incidents caused by certain individuals that I've had to see close ones deal with or experience myself.

As cliche as it is I guess it's pretty common that the person who's the 'predator' in this type of situation is some sort of a queen bee in his/her click of friends be it cheerleaders or simply a group of people. He/she is liked by everyone but at the same time is feared of disappointing. Of course, because he/she has the power to do so. An appropriately large group of followers and no strong enough enemy to bring him/her down.

So this person, I'll call her Queen A. Yes, she's a girl and she started out as one of my close friend's(lets call her Miss B) good friend. As expected Queen A is REALLY popular she's got thousands of friends on each and every one of her social network profiles and even then she gets like hundreds of friend requests a day, which she never fails to announce in public. She's nice to everyone of course coz she's the most 'humble' human being ever. LOL. But what matters is who is seen WITH her. Lets not beat around the bushes and get straight to the point!

Queen A and Miss B have been friends for almost a year. Later on A starts meeting new clicks, and is never available for for B's invites or text messages. B has a life that doesn't consist of waiting around for people who just don't care, so as the natural human reflex B goes on with her life and starts hanging out with a group of really out-going and non-judgemental people. We all know that when a Queen stops getting invites to the ball, she starts feeling unimportant. And in queen bee language that means 'Operation Mean Girl'.



In times like these when technology is the constant hype, BLOGS and STATUSES are the perfect battlefield. Queen A starts exercising those little fingers typing away, creating the illusion of confusion about what she's done to deserve such tragedy and that this particular person she once called a 'friend' is so ungrateful for the times they've shared together. Haha, looks Queen A will have an awesome career in Public Relations and Advertising. She does well at playing the victim card. She may have made it seem mysterious, but many knew it was Miss B she was talking about. Which automatically alters people's perspective towards their friendship with B. That's only ONE thing that bugged me as B's friend.

Queen A's latter posts consists of mockery against what Miss B does (hangouts, school activities, etc.) with her friends. And also mocks the fact that Miss B chooses to write her blogs in English adding in comments about her choice of friends being the reason. Some of the comments I thought sounded pretty racial & inappropriate. When B showed me the post I thought, "WOW. And people actually want to be this girl's friend? You've got to be kidding me". These posts went on for quite a while until she got bored I guess. I might have not been the 'prey' in this situation, but I sure felt the emotions my friend had to deal with facing this girl. It's beyond ridiculous.

These mean acts may have not been physical, but even mental attacks can bug you for the longest time. Similar thing I went through. Had to deal with this one person who is just too good at making him/herself look victimized to the public by this particular 'incident' he/she claimed have had to go through making me look like the bad guy. When in fact that 'incident' is EXACTLY what he/she did to me and my friends. That ONE person is definitely the most memorable because it was someone I actually trusted. A broken trust takes quite a while to mend.

I've heard the saying, "People strive through thick and thin to achieve success" before. I guess in their(the meanies) case 'attention' is success. And being mean is their ingredient. Sigh. LOL. Memories are memories, I'm glad I'm over it now. Jenny Humphrey might name Blair Waldorf her high school meanie, wait till her high school preys answer THAT question.

Till then

3 comments:

Hilman Nordin said...

can't stop thinking that its your own story. ^_^

AkuAyie said...

agreed to hilman

Z. said...

I know you love me,
xoxo

Gossip Girl :)