Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rarely Choose To Speak Of


I have seriously never been a fan of politics. Nothing; nothing about it interests me at all. But then Obama became president. I began paying attention. Well, a little. And he's not even the Malaysian president for shizzle's sake. Whatever, my point is he makes the world happy no matter where he rules.

Early this morning on CNN he announced the end of the combat mission in Iraq. I'm sure it's going to take quite a while for it to actually really end but it's a good start for sure. He said the troops will be heading home, but somehow a few thousands of them are staying there till the end of next year. That part I don't get. I'm guessing to see through that the Iraqis have a smooth start in taking over their country? LOL. Okay, not funny. Just guessing. I'm not sure. Right now Iraq doesn't have a government. And now that the US has ended the mission and finally letting the people take over they are going to have a lot to work on to make it happen. So I'm hoping all the best for them with that.

Bobo told me to upload this. She says "Hi" by the way :)

I just got back from delivering the raya cookies to a few houses with motherr. Tried my hardest to beat the unfortunate mindset that had been sculptured. Tricking it into thinking I've had the right amount of sleep so I wouldn't fall back asleep during the day. Slept around 8am today and woke up at 11.30am. LOL. I was practically stoning the whole time in the car. Partially still am right now. I got my mindset back to sanity. My body's dying on me though. Got to cook for buka later. So toughen up!

Anyway, I got back to my laptop and went straight to YouTube. Saw this Malaysian Anti Racism rap video my friends had favourited. Checked it out. This dude insists and claims that the reason for his video is to encourage anti racism. Yeah no doubt about that. I totally support. YET, he raps about how the concept of 1 Malaysia is a lie. And goes on pointing out the country's flaws. Okay yes our country has flaws and yes I feel the same way about the concept not working out the way it's suppose to. But does this bash-your-country approach really work?


Random video : Who the heck is this Cody Simpson? Haha. He reminds me of
Sunshine in Remember The Titans. Such a teenagerish song. I kinda like it though :P

Maybe 'bash' is too strong of a word for that. I just think that, that approach creates some sort of negativity. I mean a lot of people may agree with his words. In a lot of ways I do too. But some people may not agree and think it's an unmannerly act? There's that tension there. I really have nothing against this dude, I'd totally be his friend and we can go yamcha some time. Haha. I support freedom of speech. It just bothers me when the flaws are being addressed by its own countryman on a world wide web where non Malaysians can see it. And what they'll think of it. No one likes their country to be a laugh. Is it ridiculous for me to think that way?

[Cont. 5 hours later] I wouldn't blame him for wanting to speak up about it though. I just read this blog post about an incident during Merdeka Eve. A group of Malay youngsters randomly beat up these two Chinese guys for no reason. Pretty messed up it's sick to even think about it. The fact that racism is even an issue today is preposterous. Okay, I don't have a closing for this. Slight emo moment. Deep breath. And. Done.

Lets go watch Huge now.
Till then

No comments: