Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DiGi iPhone 4 Play


So I've never really tried any of the iPhone applications. Of course, due to fact that I don't own one or perhaps approached someone who does, which I find a teensy bit sad in terms of cure for curiosity or simply general exploration. The applications for an iPhone in my opinion is it's strongest feature. It is what's being buzzed about aside from it being fully touch-controlled. Whenever you hear someone talk about the iPhone it would be about the numerous fun, wacky and interesting applications it has in the iTunes App Store screaming to be downloaded.

The iMovie app for editing videos and creating photo slides will definitely
make vlogging a whole lot fun for me :)

In spite of the newly added iMovie app which I've constantly mentioned in my previous post and is a pretty amazing addition that I'm psyched about, I have always favoured the Midomi Ultra and Shazam iPhone app. They are both music applications that are able to recognize tunes from songs. The first time I ever came to know of the existence of these apps was during this one episode in One Tree Hill 2 years ago (I think?) when Peyto was showing Lucas how this cool new thing on her phone worked. She tapped the app on her phone next to the radio and the app took only a few seconds to name the song and artist.

You know how it is right? When you're in your car or at a mall, or just ANYWHERE and you hear this really awesome song playing. And you think, "I'm so downloading this song once I get home". You wait attentively till the end of the song to hear the dj call out the artist and song title, and then..crash and burn. Someone's honking at the back of your car, or someone's kid starts running around you screaming in the mall OR the dj was JUST NOT CLEAR ENOUGH! Okay, exaggerated much. But seriously, doesn't it bug you?

#1. When you hear a song you like and have no idea what's the title, you basically just tap on the Midomi Ultra app screen as shown in the picture.


#2. And then you hold your phone to the speaker, or if you remember how it sounds you can hum or sing the song to your phone and tap the screen again when you're done.


#3. The app will then start identifying the sound and finally present the song title and artist. Moreover you'll be able to purchase it from iTunes if you want. How cool izzdat?!

For some reason I was born with an easily urged (can I say competetive?) mind when it comes to things like this. Whenever I hear a song I like and can't seem to figure out who it's by or what it's called I'll start thinking about it non-stop. Trying to put a name to the voice, tune to previous songs, and it goes on and on for god knows how long. All right, now I just sound mental.


I promise it's not as crazy as it seems. I find these two apps really useful especially for music nerds *wink*. I've been trying so hard but just can't recall which One Tree Hill episode exactly it was on, but I remember thinking it was so cool that something like that is actually possible . Of course at the time, I had no idea what app it was, now I do and I think it's fascinating. I'm sure a lot of sound engineering is put to work there!

Midomi Ultra or Shazam, favourite apps I've seen from the iTunes App Store.
DiGi iPhone 4 play for sho ;D
Till then

No comments: