Sunday, August 15, 2010

When Elaboration Is A Must


I've been leaving this blank new post on tab for days now, clicking in on it giving my 10-15 minutes of deep thought stares, only to shift attention to some other 'uber' productive activity. Zetty told me that the lack of actual physical, motion involved or out-of-the-house activities might have been the cause of this shortage of ideas situation? Well she didn't say exactly that, excuse my predilection for exaggeration :)


I wouldn't say shortage of ideas though, because I do know what I want to talk about most of the time. So it's more like in terms of mood, which unfortunately doesn't last too long. Once you get it, your laptop, phone, a piece of paper & a pen or whatever form of note-able object has to be within an imminent distance from you. Your hands, they have got to be FAST! Coz when you're in that zone, words, explanations, train of thoughts, are all in SMOOTH flow. Like sliding down a freshly waxed pool slide ;)

Having Twitter as a space for thoughts be it random, crappy, epiphanized, etc. which is initially (and still is) the purpose of this blog, as it's title Pensamientos (Spanish for 'thoughts') I guess kinda decreased the activity on here. Hence, having it come down to having to actually perform or experience some sort of activity to be able to come up with something to post on here. Slightly disappointing, but I guess if it works, then it works. It took me a shit nerve wrecking activity to get myself typing away for this post. Driving. Bloody embarrassing, but true :)

I've had my license for 5 years now, but still haven't built enough courage to take control. Wtf right? Of all things! I somehow have this absurd fear of being honked at. LOL! Today I went on a limb, and attempted driving my sister to a nearby shop. We went a little late at night coz there weren't many cars (baby steps!). Before we went I asked her, "Are you sure I should drive there? Do you think I'll do okay?" and she said, "It's okay, I have faith in you. Coz if I die I know it's because of you". Words of effinness, that's my sister. It seems that I have a problem with going smooth on the breaks, the car kept jerking a little (okay, a lot). Ahh, it went well. I'm just happy that we both came home safe and alive :)

So anyway, about 2 weeks ago on the 7th of August 2010 as anticipated, I finally graduated :) That very day itself I woke up feeling genuinely blithe it almost felt like I was going to have my own super sweet 16 party. LOL! Didn't really expect to feel that way till it actually got there. Days before the convo I thought, "Okay, get up on stage get that scroll, then PHOTO SHOOT outside!". Nope.


That morning I woke up really early (5 hours early) so I could work on my makeup and tudung to avoid my usual 'highness lateness' from getting in the way. Bumped into my parents who were already up at the time and they were all smiles followed by enquiries about preparations for the afternoon convocation they were to attend. Then it hit me, all the fuss I had made about looking good on that day, I failed to realize what that day meant to THEM. My friend Izzat wrote this on his graduation album :"Look back on this day and never forget where you came from or the people that helped you get here, it's their day too". Realizing it then, I got even more psyched about graduating. Not just for me, but FOR THEM.

When we (the graduands) were lining up in the hall, waiting for our turn to get on stage, I was freaking nervous about messing up. After every 3 departments they would have a break and play some karaoke song on the big screen. For reals! They had lyrics and everything, it was pretty hilarious! It was my department's turn to standby to receive and I was determined to find my parents in the crowd so I could see their faces when I got up.


Of course, there were too many in the audience and I only had 5 seconds on stage. Most awesome 5 seconds of my life, yet! Ha! It was so much fun that I kept quietly reenacting the whole bow-step-forward-and-receive thing after. The ceremony ended, I went out to look for them. "Qila..", I heard my dad's voice call me from the crowd of parents outside. Found them and hugged them both. Their faces that day, I'll never forget. I get slightly emotional recalling the moment (even now). Contenting, it was.

ALL my siblings were there Seriously, I couldn't be more grateful. Tiqah and Redza who were all the way in Perak and Negeri Sembilan, travelled back here for me! Even my BESTEES made it! Despite their busy and tiring semester/work. Zetty, Tasya, Fadi, Shahira and Azmi! I know it was suppose to be a surprise which didn't quite work out, hahaha but either way thank you so much for coming. I'm just as ecstatic about it as I would be if it was a surprise. I couldn't thank you guys enough!

Gosh this post has become one long lovey dovey thank you speech! It's okay, I have to be sure it gets the elaboration it deserves! Its not always that I do this, I mean look at it. Whoever actually read this to this point, totally appreciate the loyalty! LOL.


Till then

No comments: