Friday, October 29, 2010

Speaking Music

I know I mentioned about wanting "change" and that without "going for it" we'd just remain unmoved from that very same spot BUT, I just couldn't stand the white background I set up for my posts!! I like seeing my posts tall, dark and handsome. So here I am, back to the old dark background and loving it! Hence the saying, "Once you go black, you never go back" proven before your eyes. Holler! Hahaa.

Currently in the midst of working on this music review video on an independent Malaysian artist whom you'll find out when I post it on YouTube soon. I'm doing this solely upon request by the artist himself (yes it's a brothah) after a casual conversation we had that at one point involved vloggers in Malaysia and stuff. He wants to know what people think of his work and asked if we(vloggers) wanted to do a music review for him. This is pretty new to me as I've never done a music review before and am not sure if I even know how to!! But then again, there's a first for everything so I'm just gonna give it a shot. Hopefully without embarrassing myself in front of the dude. Haha.

Got a few other vloggers to collaborate with me, and they're just as noob-a-fied as I am. So at least we're on the same boat. Sail together sink together, haha. When I asked this one friend of mine if he's any good at doing a music review he answered, "I'm not a musician so I guess my opinion wouldn't count for much". Partly true, you'd actually have to know your way around music to be able to voice out your opinions about how someone else makes their music. It's true if you want to hear the architectural view on it. However, the opinion of the listeners matter too as the most part of making music is to reach out to people be it emotion wise or purely entertainment.

So yeah, we'll see how it goes!
How would you review music?

On a totally different note, I had such a tiring dream last night! I was underwater during the whole dream and had to swim like crazy because a friggin shark was on the loose. I remember being in this laboratory (still underwater for some reason) and this chinese family somehow followed me there and we hid together in between these huge shelves that had some kinda pot plants arranged on them while the shark swam back forth above and beside us. Haha, I also recall watching that family's maid getting her face chewed off right in front of me. It was horrifying! Mostly tiring though. I've never swam that much and fast underwater in my life! Thanks to the Discovery channel for Shark Week. Enjoyed the shows NOT the dream.

Till then

2 comments:

Nutasyah said...

oh qila..

i love ur new changes in blogspot!

zril said...

nice bground.review for artist?very nice.cant wait for ur 1st review.