Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rock The Posts Day 4 : Yoshinoya & Going Green

Juz got back from playing a small role in saving the earth, RECYCLING :) Ho-yeahh.
In a way, we're clearing the house so it wouldn't end up being all jungle-like.
Tiqah drove me there & we unloaded the stuff together, newspapers, plastic bottles & tins.
Recycling's a pretty good stress relief. Clearing out all those stuff & sending em away's pretty much like shedding off a few pounds of 'irksome' fats :)

And we ended up treating ourselves to ice cream. Hahaa. You know, from the ice cream guy with his motorcycle, the ones you usually see at playgrounds, schools & housing areas. With his once upon a time ultra-cool bell. Man, it's been quite a while since I last made such purchase. I remember always being excited when I hear the bell of persuasion during my primary school days. And I'd be so jealous of my friends when I didn't have enough money for it. Hahaa.

I managed to get my friends to dine at Yoshinoya when were at MidV. SCORE! It was actually recommended to me by Tiqah. It's this Japanese restaurant that serves mostly rice & noodle sets. No sushi though. And you have a choice of having your rice with teriyaki chicken, beef or salmon, or any two together. It's seriously ambrosial :)

The rice's usually served with soup, that tastes like seaweed. "Rase macam keropok lekor", my junior buddy, Farah NaQ said when I brought her for the first time. Hahaa. Zetty told me the name of the soup last night, but I totally forgot what it's called. Friggin' delectable is all I can say.

Tasya, Shah, Q & Fareeza :)

You should try it out if you want. Explore new flavours, yes? The only one I know is in Midvalley. Situated at the ground floor opposite Kenny Rogers. Bon appetite!

Back to saving the earth, there was this one time when I was going through the 'GO GREEN!' phase. I did everything, from using canvas bags for shopping, and unplugging my laptop every time I left it even for a while. I even chose to NOT to switch on the light in the bathroom during the evening even though it was a lil dark. I thought, no big deal, the dark ain't the enemy.

One day, around 7pm, I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth. And as I was brushing my pearly whites, I felt something ticklish on my calf. I didn't think it was anything, but it started to feel like pretty sharp tickles, so I looked down and there it was, this HUGE cockroach making it's way up my leg. I screamed like I owned the world. The echo-ee environment of the bathroom made the scream award winning, my parents thought something bad had happened. That was definitely the last of my evening bathroom lights-off.

Till then


No comments: